Cognizant is India’s second largest IT servicing company. Cognizant hires freshers through off-campus and pool campus drive across India. Cognizant does has not bond as for some top MNC companies, it is mandatory to sign bond.
Aspiring Minds has been conducting Online Exam for cognizant from past years. So, you can prepare for the AMCAT, as there is no difference between cognizant and AMCAT written test pattern and syllabus.If you have wrote AMCAT, and you need to have decent score, to get a call for Technical and HR Round.
No. of rounds in Cognizant Selection Process:
- Online Test
- Technical Round
- HR Round
Online Test(English(Verbal Ability, Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning):
- Verbal Ability (25 questions 20 minutes)
- Analytical Ability(Quantitative Aptitude) (25 questions 30 minutes )
- Logical Reasoning (20 questions 20 minutes)
i). Verbal Ability
In this section, there are 25 questions for 20 minutes. The time is not sufficient for this section. You should have good practice to crack this section. As, reading comprehension are last question, you will be out of time. So try to answer other question and maintain at least 8-9 minutes of time for RC.
The topics covered in verbal ability are:
- Sentence Correction
- Jumbled Sentence
- Reading Comprehension
- Statement and Conclusion
- Assertion and Reason
- Verification of Truth from the Statements
ii). Analytical Ability(Quantitative Aptitude)
In this section, you need to answer 25 question with duration of 30 minutes. That means, you need to answer each question within a minute. It takes lot of practice to solve to get that speed. Undoubtedly, RS Agarwal is one of the best Quantitative Aptitude book available in the market.
The following topics are covered for Analytical Ability:
- Time and Distance
- Profit and Loss
- Time and Work
- Problems on Train
- LCM and HCF
- Permutation and Combination
- Ratio and Proportional
iii). Logical Reasoning
As the online test is conducted by Aspiring Minds, the test is similar to AMCAT exam.
Some of important topics for this section are:
- Blood Relation
- Coding and Decoding
- Number Series
- There are no Negative Marking for any question.
- You cannot skips questions and can’t go back to previous question. To proceed to next question, you need to attempt the current question.
- At-least attempt 14 question in each section, if you out of time and did not attempt minimum 14 question, your score won’t be generated.
2. Technical Round:
In this round, almost all the questions are asked from your resume and regarding your project. The technical interview is easy if you are IT student, and if you are non-IT student, refers some of programming codes and concepts from C, Java and database. Mostly asked question in this round are:
- Tell me about yourself?
- Write a program to swap a Number
- Write a program for Fibonacci
- To find prime number
- Questions from data structures like sorting techniques.
- Basic concepts from Database and SQL?
3. HR Round:
If you reach this round, you can assure yourself to get the job. HR generally checks your communication skills, body language, the way you are speaking etc. Be cool and confidence and answer every question with smile and good body posture. If they asked you to sign some documents regarding location, salary and domain, you might be hired.
Some of HR interview questions asked are:
- Tell me about yourself
- Explain about your project?
- What is your long term goal?
- Are you willing to relocated?
After this round, if selected, you will receive offer letter from cognizant within a week. Best of luck for your test and interview.
If you have any doubt regarding the cognizant syllabus, pattern and written exam, please comment below, we will reply within 12 hours. And don’t forget to share with friends.