Elitmus is one of the most popular exam for job seekers across India. Elitmus helps jobs seekers to get place in top MNC companies like Accenture, MAQ Software, McAfee, CGI and other Fortune 500 companies. Founded in 2005, since a decade, it has help thousands of students and unemployed graduates to get their dream jobs.
Compared to AMCAT, Elitmus is much tougher because the syllabus much similar to CAT Exam. Though the salary package is much higher i.e. 2.4 lakhs to 6 lakhs per annum compared to AMCAT,
It consists of three section: They are:
- Qualitative Aptitude
- Data Interpretation, Reasoning and Problem solving
- Verbal ability
Each section has 20 questions.
1. Qualitative aptitude:
- Permutation combination
- Number System
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Time or Work
- Geometry Area of circle, hexagon and quadrilateral
2. Problem solving
- Seating Arrangement
- Tabular or Data Interpretation
- Data Sufficiency problems
- Crypto arithmetic
3. Verbal Ability
- Fill in the blanks
- Reading comprehension
- Jumbled paragraph question
Note: There are total 60 questions and 600 marks(each question carrying 10 marks)
Elitmus Negative Marking Scheme:
- If you do more than 25% questions wrong of the total attempt then for rest of every wrong answer half mark will be deducted.
- If you attempt more than 1/4th of total questions wrong then you get negative marking,
- If 12 questions are attempted, and 25%(1/4) questions are wrong i.e. 3 questions are wrong, and 9 are correct, then there is no negative marking. Though, if the you answer 8 correct and 4 wrong, negative marks will be for the 4th not for first three.
- Negative markings are section wise not for the complete test.
- There is no eligibility criteria as such to take up the pH test. Cuurently, only candidates having/pursuing a degree in BE/B.Tech, MCA, ME/M.Tech or M.Sc(CS/IT) will benefit from the pH test.
Elitmus has more than half of the jobs based in Bangalore with hefty packages. So, if you want to start your career in Bangalore, then Elitmus is for you. And the other top companies hires from cities like Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, Gurgoan etc. Though elitmus is available across India, there are least chances that companies will hire from your city.
Elitmus Exam reference Books:
RS Agarwal – Qualitative Aptitude – Buy Now
Arun Sharma – Logical Reasoning – Buy Now
If you are fresher’s 2015, you should write elitmus exam as well as AMCAT for better job opportunities. And for 2014 pass out, you still have chance to get IT job in one of top MNC companies with elitmus and least chances if you write AMCAT.